- The Art of Color, Johannes Itten, Translated by Ernst
Van Haagen. New York: Reinhold Publ., 1961.
- The Book of Art of Cennino Cennini, 1899, 14th century painting techniques.http://www.archive.org/stream/bookartcenninoc01herrgoog#page/n9/mode/1up
- The Chemistry of Paints and Painting, Arthur H. Church, Seeley, Service & Co. Limited, 1915.http://chestofbooks.com/science/chemistry/Paints/index.html
- Color and Meaning, Practice and Theory in Renaissance Painting, Marcia Hall, Cambridge: Cambridge
University Press, 1992.
- Formulas for Painters, Robert Massey. Watson-Gupthill. 1980. Preview: http://books.google.ca/books?id=3cSl0wqolqMC&
- GIOTTO, Complete Works, The Library of Great Masters, Scala / Riverside, 1989.
- Lives of the most excellent painters, sculptors and architects,Giorgio Vasari, 1550 pub. Preview: http://books.google.ca/books?id=6nDwlRJ24FwC&
- Luminous Brush: Painting with Egg Tempera by Altoon Sultan 1999 http://books.google.com/books?id=CU56YgWzIM8C
- Methods and Materials of the Painting of the Great Schools and their Masters, Sir Charles Lock Eastlake. Preview: http://books.google.ca/books?id=ZzVkYiXzR1QC&
- The Natural Way to Draw, Kimon Nicolaides, Houghton Miffli, 1990.
- The New Artist's Handbook, Ralph Mayer. DK Publishing Inc., 2003.
- Paint Making And Color Grinding, Charles L. Uebele, 1913 http://chestofbooks.com/home-improvement/repairs/painting/Paint-Making-Color-Grinding/index.html
- The Sistine Chapel, A Glorious Restoration, Michael Hirst, Abradale / Abrams, 1994.
- Watercolor Bright and Beautiful by Richard C. Karwoski, 1988.
- Kama Pigments, 7442 Rue Saint-hubert, Montreal, Quebec Canada, H2R 2W8 Ph: 514 272 2173 www.kamapigment.com Pigments and other Fresco Materials
- Papier japonais, 24 av. Fairmount, Ouest, Montreal, Quebec Canada, H2T 2M1 Ph: 514 276 6863 www.aupapierjaponais.com More than 800 beautiful Japanese papers
Need some inspiration?